Monday, July 20, 2020

Be the Change You Want to See

God spoke creation into existence and by his words we live.  Scripture says that words spoken bring life and death. So why was I accepting those negative words spoken over my life?  Why was I allowing them to shape who I was?  This was not the plan that God had for my life.  He did not want me to be dependent and effected by the words and labels many were placing upon me.  I am reminding of the famous words yelled in the playgrounds as bullies made up things then speaking ugly words of those they targeted as the others stood around laughing.  "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words had never hurt me" was the usual response of those who were bullied.  All the while somewhere down the line in life those words carried weight and whether it made one wounded it also made another one stronger.  Those memories are imbedded into a part of our lives that the circumstance of the experience left an impact.  Why was is it that as we move into adulthood the same bully tactics and negative words are spoken when we are threaten by others?  The result of those words impact those we speak negative about yet provides a false sense of security to the bully. Why is it that girlfriends betray those the claim to care for by commenting negative words behind ones back?  There is a lot to learn about the impact of our words and the weight they carry.  So, in this process of self-discovery of who I was called to be I must search deep and ask for forgiveness over those words, betrayals and bully tactics.  See I want to make a positive impact in the lives of those I encounter I want to demonstrate the love of God and all the promises he has.  Will you join me in walking out your own self-discovery, search deep and if change is needed make the adjustment?  I can guarantee you will feel better for it and the peace it brings is liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment