Recreating
oneself at 44 is one of the most humbling yet exhilarating places to be.
I am literally given the opportunity to redefine and create who I was made to
be. I am blessed because by the grace of God what seemed like a setback
in my career was the launching pad into a greater future. Jeremiah 29:11 says,
"for I knows the plans and thoughts I have for you, says the Lord, plans
for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
hope." None the less that hope was tested and tried on many
levels. I ended a relationship, lost a job and although I had hope; my
peace was rocked with the stress of finances. In the process I cried out
to God numerous times, yet he reassured me that his promises where in abundance
of financial blessings. See he is the creator of all things including the
treasures of this world. His word says he will give stored up treasure
Proverbs 13:22 "a good man leveth an inheritance to his children's
children, and the wealth of the sinner is stored up for (the hands of) the
righteous." He is about to release that stored up wealth and I am
ready to receive it. This blessing is not for me to store but to steward Titus
1:7 "For the overseer, as God's steward, must be blameless, not
self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not violent, not greedy
for dishonest gain (but financially ethical). See in the process of the setback
for the set up I had to reevaluate who I was. I was called a terroristic
threat and the work I put in was not valued. Being proud of my
accomplishment to get to the level I was at took a toll. But I was
reminded that my rewards come from a higher place and has me seated by his
right side in his kingdom courts. Colossians 3:1 "Therefore if you
have been raised with Christ to a new life, sharing in His resurrection from
the dead), keep seeking the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at
the right hand of God." What I seek is a seal of approval over all
things in my life. I used to live a reckless, carefree, and very independent
life. Having to surrender it all with learning to trust that just maybe
he has greater. See everyone says they have faith but until you are
tested you truly know the measure of the faith. Perhaps that is why he
says we carry faith the size of a mustard seed Luke 17:6 "And the Lord
said, "If you have (confident, abiding) faith in God (even as small) as a
mustard see, you could say to this mulberry tree (which has very strong
roots), Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea"; and (if the
request was in agreement with the will of God) it would obeyed you. What
is he asking you during these trying times? Is he asking you to trust,
recreate and seek him for direction? Whatever it is he is asking you
believe that his promises over your life are greater than anything you dreamed
or imagined.
No comments:
Post a Comment