Spoons
I searched the kitchen cabinets
I searched the bedrooms, but no spoons could be found
Missing spoons where were they
Could not grow feet to walk away
Months went by until I found 1 spoon
Hidden in the corner of the garage black, smoldered, burnt
Then something flickered like a light bulb in my head
My addict turned to crack
Crack ……………
My heart was broken for the addict
My mind raced with questions
So, I threw the spoon and others throughout the weeks
I wrestled with approaching
the situation
Until one day I did and surprised with the response
How could he not talk to me before he decided to go that
route
What demons did he wrestle that he needed to escape?
I prayed in the garage and he migrated to the laundry room
Prayed in the laundry room
He migrated to the bathroom
I prayed in the bathroom
His plan was to migrate to the bedroom closet
I drew the line and prayed him away asking God to take care
of what I could not
No comments:
Post a Comment