Monday, July 20, 2020

Until You Deal with Your Mess You Can't Fully Recover

My heart goes out to the addict struggling to find their way out of addiction.  The wounds that hurt so deep that all they desire is to numb the pain. Watching someone you love and care for struggling to find peace has been one of the most difficult things I have experieced.  Trying to understand that life can seem so difficult at times that to the addict that all they want to do escape. There came a point that the decision to allow him to walk this journey alone was all I could do.  I decided and placed him into the hands of God. Was if difficult? No doubt but being codependent wasn't helping and in the process, I was losing myself.  Every circumstance and situation have an impact in one's life. Choosing to let go was the only option for me to fully trust God to bring healing to us both. Let me encourage you that there is freedom in Christ.  That in every obstacle you face he will strengthen you to overcome. It literly taking up the cross for the day as you jourey on in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment